Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence in the U.S. as well.
Medical Affairs provides medical leadership with market preparation and partnership engagement on all Zealand Pharma products and therapies and supports our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. Medical Affairs aims to lead Zealand in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
- Design and manage the implementation of the medical affairs plan in the metabolic therapy areas
- Cross-functional collaboration within R&D and other internal functions
- Follows medical developments within therapy area, and disseminates new information to educate and inform the organization
- Liaises with the internal and external medical/scientific community
- Represents Medical Affairs at project Core Teams in a project centric organization
- Accountable for engaging and cultivating relationships with leading global KOLs, e.g., to gain contribution/ participation in advisory boards, greater understanding of the therapeutic area, insights into unmet patient needs, etc.
- Closely collaborate and support our Chief Medical Officer
- Work with relevant prof. societies and patient organization
- Facilitate incoming grants and IIT requests for discussion and approval
- Contribute with relevant scientific input with partners and in the Business development
- Represents Zealand at scientific and medical forums, e.g., medical education symposia, scientific exchange meetings, congresses, etc.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- Training in metabolic diseases is strongly preferred
- Experience in Medical Affairs or similar function, working cross-functionally across a product team
- Experience developing medical plans for the approval/launch of new products
- MD, PhD, Pharm D or equivalent background
What we offer
- Demonstrated strategic and medical leadership ability
- Ability to deliver results and impactful new initiatives in a matrix environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver medical presentations
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external colleagues in various geographies, cultures, and roles
- Appreciation of the evolving Medical Affairs space
- Strong analytical mind-set, able to quickly assess large amounts of information, and to distil into key messages and actions
- Team player, patient centred, commercially aware
- Integrity and high ethical standards
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than August 22, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please contact Mette Hammer at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.