Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence in the U.S. as well.
Medical Affairs provides medical leadership with market preparation and partnership engagement on all Zealand Pharma products and therapies, and supports our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. Medical Affairs aims to lead Zealand in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
- Support and conduct medical writing of Zealand clinical activities incl. phase 3 trials as per priorities
- Manage the review and approval process of Zealand full manuscripts, abstracts and posters with internal and external authors
- Chair publication teams and develop and execute publication strategy and plans
- Manage medical writing agencies, contracts and budget
- Manage conference planning and facilitate abstract/poster submission
- Develop and manage corporate and medical communication material (slides, etc)
- Ensure clear, consistent, cohesive scientific story across portfolio
- Adhere to internal and external publication guidelines
- Train and educate our organization in the publication process and guidelines
- Cross-functional collaboration within R&D and other internal functions
- Liaises with the internal and external medical/scientific community
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant writing or related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with research tools and approaches, such as reference management/ publication planning databases.
- Good research skills and ability to interpret scientific and clinical data
- Bachelor's Degree Scientific/Medical Communication or similar preferred
What we offer
- Strong, versatile medical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to generate grammatically correct, consistent, scientifically accurate copy, using appropriate writing styles for different audiences
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and leadership
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external colleagues in various geographies, cultures, and roles
- Integrity and high ethical standards
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics, engagement and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Application Please apply no later than August 22, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. For further information, please contact Mette Hammer at email@example.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.