Be the new
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Zealand is seeking an Analytical Scientist who will be responsible for the analytical program for several of our late-stage development projects. The Device & Manufacturing Science area is responsible for drug development for several late-stage projects, commercial manufacturing and life cycle manufacturing activities, and you will be working in a focused project team together with other functions. Since Zealand is using Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations, coordination with external partners is a major part of the job together with coordination of internal laboratory activities.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
The successful candidate will have most or all the below qualifications:
- Be overall responsible for analytical methods applied in the late stage projects
- Ensure transfer and validation of methods to Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Be responsible for stability programs for Drug Substance and Drug Product
- Support Drug Substance and Drug Product development with analytical knowledges and handle analytical support such as extractable/leachable studies, in-use, characterizations etc.
- Ensure regulatory documentation regarding analytical methods, characterization and stability for clinical submission, NDA submission and question/answer process
- Actively be part of a CMC team and work together on project progress towards NDA approval
- Support commercial production and life cycle management activities relating to analytics.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- MSc/PhD within chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or another relevant field
- >5 years’ experience from the Pharmaceutical Industry within analytical science or QC
- Experience with regulatory aspects of late stage analytical CMC work and GMP
- Experience with peptide-based medicines and HPLC methods
- Experience with outsourcing to Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Experience with participating in cross functional project teams and well-developed collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Great people and stakeholder management skills
- The ability and engagement to “walk the extra mile”
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and motivation for taking on new challenges.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than August 23, 2021.
For further information, please contact Jakob G. Kristensen
at +45 5060 3772 or JKristensen@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.