Be the new
Scientific Publication Manager
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market (V-Go insulin patch), one candidate in registration (Dasiglucagon Hypoglycemic Rescue Pen) and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases and rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Zealand is looking for a person who is passionate about scientific communication and has a proven track record in strategic planning and execution. We work in a cross-cultural, fast-paced environment where close collaboration with various internal and external key stakeholders is essential. As our new Scientific Publications Manager you will play a vital role in communicating science within metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases.
The successful candidate will:
The successful candidate will have:
- Manage the strategic global publication plans (responsible for planning and execution of the global publication plans)
- Lead the various publication groups across therapeutic areas
- Collaborate closely with external Health Care Professionals (HCP) and key opinion leaders (KOLs) as well as colleagues across the organization (Development, Safety, Discovery, Regulatory, Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR), and Commercial, both in Denmark and in the US)
- Responsible for vendor management and budget
- Responsible for ensuring that ethical and transparent standards and guidelines are adhered to and for being an ambassador for good publication practice (GPP)
- Able to provide impact and combine knowledge and experience with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills
- A degree in a scientific discipline. Advanced degree is preferred (i.e., MS, PharmD, PhD)
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with Medical Writing agencies and freelance contractors
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects; ability to multitask and work both independently and within multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to keep overview and track of budgets
- An understanding of the clinical development process, especially clinical study data and outcome measures
- Ability to critically appraise and apply knowledge gained from the medical/scientific literature
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective professional communications, aiming to cultivate strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate complex medical/scientific information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Power Point) is required, as well as familiarity and working knowledge of key software applications relevant to publication planning and implementation (e.g., EndNote
What we offer
Zealand’s employees are one of the company’s most important assets. We strive to attract, develop and retain the best talents, and to be a company where every employee can thrive.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined salary package including pension scheme and health insurance, as well as the option of joining the company lunch program, and use of massage, fitness and social facilities.
To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please send your cover letter and CV no later than August 16, 2020.
For further information, please contact Senior Director Jeannett Dimsits at +45 5060 3659 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of next generation peptide-based medicines that change the lives of people living with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s robust pipeline of investigational medicines includes three candidates in late stage development, and one candidate being reviewed for regulatory approval in the United States. Zealand markets V-Go®, an all-in-one basal-bolus insulin delivery option for people with diabetes. License collaborations with Boehringer Ingelheim and Alexion Pharmaceuticals create opportunity for more patients to potentially benefit from Zealand-invented peptide therapeutics.
Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence throughout the U.S. that includes key locations in New York, Boston, and Marlborough (MA). For more information about Zealand’s business and activities, please visit http://www.zealandpharma.com.