Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
An established leader in peptide innovation, our Medicinal Chemistry department in Copenhagen, is seeking a talented and motivated principal laboratory technologist to join our team. We highly welcome applications of skilled laboratory technicians with profound peptide chemistry experience, who are keen to bring complex molecules from research to development.
You will be a member of the Medicinal Chemistry department, working to discover innovative peptide drugs. Our primary focus is in the research phase, where we synthesize peptides, optimize their properties and prepare them for handover to development. In this laboratory-based position, your responsibility will be synthesizing and optimizing chemically modified peptides.
Your responsibilities include:
- To synthesize and purify peptides, ranging from small peptide arrays to 5g purified and fully characterized peptides.
- To analyze the prepared peptides and document your experiments in electronic workbooks.
- To proactively identify and resolve experimental issues, perform instrument maintenance and troubleshoot as required.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
What we offer
- You are a laboratory technician with extensive hands on peptide synthesis experience from industry or an academic institution.
- You have a profound knowledge of the standard analytical and purification techniques (HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS, etc.).
- You have experience in troubleshooting both syntheses, and technical equipment issues.
- You are a team player, who is proactive, takes ownership of their tasks and can easily prioritise critical tasks. You pay attention to details and thrive working in the lab.
- You have good oral communication skills in English.
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please submit your application with cover letter and CV. Applications in Danish and English welcome.
Please apply no later than August 31st, 2022.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.