CAREERS AT ZEALAND PHARMA
Vice President, Human Resources
Zealand Pharma U.S.
Human Resources, Zealand Pharma U.S., Inc.
Vice President, Human Resources, Zealand Pharma U.S., Inc.
President, Zealand Pharma U.S., Inc.
Working time model
About Zealand Pharma
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a global biotechnology company with an innovative peptide drug discovery platform, including a late stage candidate approaching commercialization. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market already. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Zealand has established strategic partnership with Boehringer Ingelheim, Beta Bionics and Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark and New York City, USA. For further information about the company's business and activities, please visit zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.
Zealand Pharma is an Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
Zealand is an equal employment opportunity employer and adheres to the applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and hiring. It is our policy and practice to not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected under applicable law. Zealand also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
This position reports to the President of Zealand Pharma U.S. The Vice President will lead the HR department and the HR activities of Zealand Pharma U.S. The Vice President will be a member of the Zealand Pharma U.S. management group and play a key role in the build-up of Zealand Pharma U.S. They will in addition play a key role in ensuring an effective co-operation with the Danish based HQ functions.
Specific tasks include:
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Working closely with the President of our U.S. organization, and Denmark headquarters HR and leadership, to ensure Zealand Pharma U.S. builds and maintains a strong and collaborative culture, competitive compensation/incentive system, and performance management program that attracts and retains talent in the U.S. biotech/pharma industry.
- Developing staffing plan together with the management group
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including revising job descriptions and writing ads
- Conducting recruitment interviews
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Implementing the company performance management system
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures, and align them with company-wide policies and procedures·
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on HR policies and procedures
- Maintaining affirmative action programs
- Conducting exit interviews
- Participating in management meetings
- Ensuring compliance with U.S. labor law
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter no later than November 15, 2019.
For further information please contact Marino Garcia, Senior Vice President of Corporate & Business Development at email@example.com
For more information regarding a career at Zealand Pharma, visit zealandpharma.com/careers
- 5-10 years experience as an HR leader or senior HR consultant in the life sciences sector (biotech/pharma preferred) in the U.S.
- A relevant academic background at Bachelor level
- Deep knowledge of U.S. biotech/pharma business, experience working in an international environment is a plus