Be the new
Manager, SOX Compliance
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Finance & Accounting, Zealand Pharma A/S
Manager, SOX Compliance, Zealand Pharma A/S
Finance Project Director, Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
The Manager, SOX Compliance position reports to the Finance Project Director, and will be responsible for the global day-to-day function of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts, including oversight for establishing and maintaining internal controls, compliance, audits, policies and procedures, implementation of updated controls, and the execution of the control testing, ensuring test results are properly documented and issues are appropriately raised. This position works directly with business process owners, both in Denmark and in the United States, on the identification of SOX controls, including business process re-design, policies, procedures, documentation, evidence evaluation, and system enhancements. The incumbent implements multi-disciplinary project plans to comply with SOX and other key financial initiatives, including both system and business process components. This role prepares written reports for management on project progress, remediation, and other requested topics.
- Manage the global SOX Compliance program including the evaluation of the adequacy of the Company's system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding and protection of assets from loss, completeness and accuracy of financial information and compliance with policies.
- Together with the organization, update process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external auditors to ensure audit work can be leveraged to support an efficient annual external audit and ICFR assessment.
- Continuously improve and innovate the SOX program methodology to become more efficient and effective. This includes the strategic deployment of technology (Control2020) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of control performance and testing.
- Manage, coordinate, and perform control testing and management attestation as to the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Review controls regularly to ensure adequate design. Provide guidance, identify improvements to control design and monitor remediation efforts.
- Provide feedback to relevant internal party to create and update the Zealand “Risk Register” in the areas of risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization.
- Develop and communicate SOX program objectives, program updates and testing results in both written and verbal to senior management.
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes, personnel changes and acquisitions and assess the impact of the changes on internal controls.
- Review relevant current events, trends, risk reports etc. and summarize/communicate for the broader department through periodic updates.
- Providing education and training to staff to build audit / risk awareness within the organization.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in risk advisory or financial audit/attestation in a Big Four firm, large global public company, or a combination of both
- Strong knowledge of international Reporting and Auditing Standards, COSO, PCAOB, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Experience in designing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance programs for a multinational organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and influencing skills to drive internal controls strategy across the company
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build effective partnerships across the organization
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in planning, project management and analysis
- Experience with large ERP Systems
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility
- Ability to travel to international location on an as needed basis.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com
If you’re just as excited as we are about this opportunity, please apply no later than May 14, 2021.
For further information, please contact Lykke Rømer at Lromer@zealandpharma.com
Applications (including CVs) will be shared with US subsidiary.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.