Be the new
Senior Director Translational Pharmacology
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is seeking a Senior Director heading up Translational Pharmacology with a strong empowering leadership style. The department is responsible for generation of preclinical efficacy data and identification of potential biomarkers that can be taken through to clinic. The department currently consists of 6 technologist and 4 academics (1 vacant) running the internal Pharmacology laboratories and Animal facilities for small animal experiments. We are also collaborating with CRO’s on larger animals and disease models not in-house. The department works across the entire span of projects from very early idea generation and maturation to late stage clinical assets and plays a key role in developing the preclinical evidence package and contributing to the value story.
The successful candidate will be:
The successful candidate will have:
- Managing 4 academics and 6 Technologists – 4 Lab Technologists and 2 Animal Technologists
- An active member of Research Management Team (MedCehm, MolPharm, PharmDev), Discovery Committee, Research Challenge board and Early development Challenge board having a broad influence on decisions taken in entire organization.
- Administrative managing of Department Budgets, Employee salaries and holidays, Intra and Inter departmental communications
- Having a strong focus on employee growth and cross departmental collaboration in Research (regular 1:1’s and growth and goal plans)
- Contributing to development of Scientific Stories for Preclinical Data Package supporting portfolio assets
- Contributing to Idea Generation for new projects in the portfolio
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we strive to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- A MSc/PhD within chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or other relevant fields.
- >5 years leadership experience experience within translational/In-vivo Pharmacology
- Strong experince with Drug Discovery and related disciplines: Medicinal Chemistry, Molecular Pharmacology, in vivo pharmacology, pk/pd and pharmaceutical development
- Great people and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with external collaborations
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- The ability and engagement to “walk the extra mile”The ability to work in a dynamic environment and the motivation for taking on new challenges.
Zealand DNA builds on four values:
(1) We are bold, (2) We empower people, (3) We work as one team, and (4) We can be trusted.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than October 19, 2022.
For further information, please contact SVP, Research, Mette Svendgaard at +45 50603663 or MSvendgaard@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.