Be the new
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
We are seeking a Principal Statistician / Statistical Project Director who can help further develop Biostatistics across development projects at Zealand Pharma. You will be part of the Biometrics Department, currently consisting of 5 statisticians, 2 statistical programmers and 2 data managers. We partner in creating and implementing clinical development strategies, provide expert sparring to external partners and contribute to interactions with regulatory authorities.
In your present job, you are an expert within your area - acting as a project lead with expertise and passion for Biostatistics. Now, you have an ambition to extend your competencies and involvement. You will utilize your statistical expertise in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trial programs as well as regulatory filings and generating evidence for product commercialization.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Take responsibility within one or more clinical projects including strategy, submission plans, authority interactions and individual clinical trials
- Lead the statistical planning of clinical trials, including design, analysis and general trial methodology
- Participate in core and other project-related team activities
- Follow the latest scientific and regulatory updates on statistical methods and guidance
- Communicate with CROs, external partners and consultants on statistics and trial-related activities
- Interact with your colleagues to create a first-class environment within Biometrics
- Extensive knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Expert leadership capabilities to be able to lead and direct project work
- Extensive experience of Drug Development, program design, and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience from major regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics (containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
What we offer
- Solid communication skills both towards colleagues and external collaborators
- Ability to navigate in a small organization where priorities can change fast
- Open to other ways of ‘doing things’
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Zealand DNA builds on four values: (1) We are bold, (2) We empower people, (3) We work as one team, and (4) We can be trusted.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than November 30, 2022.
Kim Mark Knudsen, Senior Director, Biometrics at +45 5060 3780 or KMKnudsen@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.