Be the new
Senior Laboratory Technician
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
Our Translational Pharmacology department is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Laboratory Technician within the area of in vivo Pharmacology. The Translational Pharmacology department is responsible for generation of pharmacodynamic data to support the development of our peptide-based drug candidates in our preclinical research projects. As a Senior Laboratory Technician in Translational Pharmacology you will be part of a dedicated team of eleven people consisting of scientists, lab technicians and animal technicians. We have our own fully equipped animal facility and labs for subsequent analyses. The incorporation of the 3Rs in our daily work is key to us and we have our own animal welfare body that ensures high ethical standards
You will be responsible for planning, designing, and conducting in vivo experiments to obtain efficacy (PD) and pharmacokinetic (PK) results in rats and mice.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Conduction of high-quality in vivo studies including contribution to protocols, planning, execution and documentation.
- Execution of basic surgery in rodents including anesthesia and analgesia.
- High quality sampling and handling of blood and tissue samples.
- Administration of test compounds (i.v., s.c., i.p. i.m, p.o.).
- Compliance with Animal Welfare Regulations, SOPs, DWSIs, OSHA rules as well as adopt and apply 3R initiatives to the daily activities.
- Running and maintaining lab equipment in our in vivo / analysis laboratory.
- Actively contribution to method development and refinements.
- Good collaboration both within and cross departmental to ensure high speed and quality as well as exchange of experimental methods and ideas.
- Keeping yourself up to date with best practices and state-of-the-art lab methods.
- Laboratory Technician with +7 years of experience
- Strong technical expertise in working with common laboratory animals (mice and rats)
- Skilled in animal handling with a high level of proficiency in various rodent dosing techniques (i.v., s.c., i.p. i.m, p.o.) including the preparation of biological fluids and tissue samples for further analysis.
- Hands-on experience with Cobas autoanalyzer, flow cytometry (FACS) and ELISA will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge and comfort level working with IT systems for preparing data collection files and data collection; Good knowledge of MS Office Tools, GraphPad Prism.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Zealand DNA builds on four values: (1) We are bold, (2) We empower people, (3) We work as one team, and (4) We can be trusted.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than February 19, 2023.
For further information, please contact Erik Max Wulff at +45 5060 3746 or email@example.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Comfortable with oral and written English (Corporate language is English).