Be the new
Drug Product Specialist
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
The position is in the Department of Pharmaceutical Development, which is responsible for formulation development of peptide-based drug candidates and for collaboration with contract manufacture organizations for the manufacture of peptide-based drug substances and drug products under GMP.
You will be joining an expanding team of 13 people including technologists, analytical scientists, drug product specialists, drug substance specialist, CMC-PM, CMC-Coordinator and HoD. We are not limited by our area of expertise, and we help each other where and when it is needed. We work closely together both inter and intra departmentally - having the same goal and at the same time a lot of FUN. Our department goal is to help a colleague succeed – we follow that every day.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
Skills & Experience
- Responsible for DP development (Parentals) – including combination products
- Formulation development from research projects to development projects phase 2
- Responsible for design of DP manufacturing processes, including scale-up strategies
- Giving input to DP manufacturing plan(s), i.e. purpose, timing, and batch size
- Driving Product risk assessment and Process risk assessment in collaboration with CMO
- Driving scientific and strategic input to submissions/regulatory interactions in collaboration with Regulatory Affairs
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Zealand DNA builds on four values: (1) We are bold, (2) We empower people, (3) We work as one team, and (4) We can be trusted.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than March 31, 2023. Applications will be evaluated on an on-going basis.
For further information, please contact Head of Department Lise Giehm at +45 5060 3692 or LGiehm@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.
- A MSc/PhD within chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or another relevant field.
- Experience with regulatory aspects of CMC work and GMP
- Experience with formulation development in early/late-stage stage projects in development of peptide based medicines (preferably parenterals)
- Experience with manufacturing of DP
- Experience with outsourcing of DP productions
- Experience with participating in cross functional project teams and well developed collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and motivation for taking on new challenges