Be the new
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
The position is in the Department of Pharmaceutical Development Research, which today counts two scientists and four technicians. The Department is responsible for characterization of physiochemical properties, analytical development and formulation development of peptide-based drug candidates. The department is increasing capacities in research and this is an unique chance to join our team.
Responsibilities includes helping us to:
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Implement new formulation technologies for oral and parentals.
- Be a part of formulation development in research/early stage projects.
- Drive the set-up of new physiochemical assays and/or outsourcing assays to CRO’s.
- Evaluate existing physiochemical assay and optimizing these.
- Be a key academic person in laboratory.
- Design and write templates and documentation for new physiochemical assays and existing assays.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- An M.Sc./PhD within chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or another relevant field.
- Knowledge with formulation development in early research projects in development of peptide based medicines (oral and parenterals).
- Knowledge of oral delivery of peptides/small molecules.
- Experience with laboratory work related to Pharmaceutical Development and motivated to work 30-40 % in the laboratory
- Knowledge of analytical methods such as HPLC, SEC, DLS, ThT, MALS, MS.
- Experience with participating in cross functional project teams and well developed collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Great people and stakeholder management skills
- The ability and engagement to “walk the extra mile”
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and motivation for taking on new challenges
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please apply no later than November 20, 2020.
For further information, please contact Head of Pharmaceutical Development Research Lise Giehm
at +45 5060 3692 or LGiehm@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals.Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.