Be the new
Senior Scientist, Analytical Development
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
The position is in the Department of Pharmaceutical Development, which today counts twelve scientists, four technicians and a student assistant. The Department is responsible for characterization of physiochemical properties, analytical development and formulation of peptide-based drug candidates as well as the collaboration with contract manufacture organizations for the manufacture and development of peptide-based drug substances and drug products under GMP.
As our new Senior Scientist, you will primarily be involved in research/early stage projects as well as participating in late stage development projects. Focus in the position is to develop assays for chemical characterization of peptides in formulation, as well as setting up collaboration with external lab that can support with a variety of analysis. You will also be responsible for collecting data from data from internal as well as external sources and conclude on them.
Responsibilities includes helping us to:
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Act as analytical development responsible in several early and/or late stage development projects
- Develop analytical methods for chemical stability assessment (primarily HPLC/LC-MS/SEC).
- Setting up chemical stability studies to support qTPP in in-house lab or at CMOs. Review and trend stability data
- Transfer methods to Drug Substance/Drug Product contract producers (CMOs). Secure validation of methods at CMOs
- Authoring analytical, characterization and stability sections to regulatory documentation (IND/IMPD)
- Contribute to the development our internal procedures within pharmaceutical development
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- A M.Sc/PhD within chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or another relevant field.
- > 5 years experience from the Pharmaceutical Industry, preferably within Oral and/or subcutaneous drug development.
- Extensive experience with analytical development (method development/validation and impurity characterization) within Pharmaceutical development.
- Experience with outsourcing of Analytical parts of Drug Substance and/or DP productions
- Knowledge of working with peptides is an advantage
- Experience with participating in cross functional project teams and well-developed collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Great people and stakeholder management skills
- The ability and engagement to “walk the extra mile”
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross -functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please apply no later than January 31, 2021.
For further information, please contact Mette Svendgaard
at +45 5060 3663 or MSvendgaard@zealandpharma.com.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals.Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.