Be the new
Technologist / Senior Technologist
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
We are looking for a Technologist or a Senior Technologist in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology to join our efforts in identifying and characterizing our next clinical peptide candidates. Our department is responsible for generating in vitro and biomarker data for our research and development projects. We use molecular biology and peptide display methodologies to support the identification of potential drug candidates and employ a broad range of biochemical and cell-based assays to optimize and guide the development of our molecules towards the clinic. The department consists of 7 scientists and 6 technicians.
The successful candidate will have most or all the below listed qualifications:
- Testing of new peptide drug candidates in in vitro assays
- Planning and execution of the practical work
- Processing instrument data in specialized software and databases
- Documentation of laboratory work in our electronic laboratory notebook
- Development and optimization of new protocols & assays, with other members of the department
- In addition, responsibilities for maintenance of lab and lab equipment
- Good collaboration both within and cross departmental to ensure pace, quality, and exchange of experimental methods and ideas
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue being able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Zealand DNA builds on four values: (1) We are bold, (2) We empower people, (3) We work as one team, and (4) We can be trusted.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than April 15th, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact Head of Department Jacob Fog at JFog@zealandpharma.com.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.
- Education as technologist/technician with 5 years of experience with laboratory work
- Hands-on experience with cultivation of mammalian cells
- Experience with cell-based assays, such as intracellular signaling assays
- Experience with automation, such as pipetting robots
- Good documentation skills
- Good understanding of written and spoken English (company language)
- Positive attitude, drive, and the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience with protein expression and purification from mammalian cells or insect cells and/or cloning techniques is a plus