Be the new
Principal Laboratory Technologist
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
The Department of Bioanalysis and Pharmacokinetics consists of a DMPK- and immunogenicity group. We are responsible for the development of bioanalytical methods for quantitative and qualitative analysis of plasma samples to support the development of our peptide-based drug candidates. The department support research and development in a non-GxP environment and as an employee in the DMPK group, you will be part of a small dedicated international team motivated to deliver safe drugs to patients.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Developing sample preparation methods for biological samples
- Developing quantitative and qualitative LC-MS/MS methods
- Planning the practical work related to sample analysis
- Processing instrument data in specialist software and databases
- Documentation of laboratory work in our electronic laboratory notebook
- Communication with instrumentation vendors regarding maintenance and servicing
- +5 years from working in a bioanalytical laboratory
- Bioanalytical method development
- Handling of biological samples
- Sample preparation method development
- LC-MS/MS method development
- Data analysis using various instrument software
- Education as laboratory technician, bachelor or similar
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we strive to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Zealand DNA builds on four values: (1) We are bold, (2) We empower people, (3) We work as one team, and (4) We can be trusted.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than January 31, 2023.
For further information, please contact Carsten Boye Knudsen at +45 5060 3614 or CBK@zealandpharma.com.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.
- Independent and highly motivated
- Strong understanding of the principles of analytical chemistry
- Interest in laboratory IT
- Good understanding of technical instrumentation
- Good documentation skills
- Good collaborator
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of written and spoken English (company language)