Be the new
Senior Laboratory Technician
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
The Pharmaceutical Development Laboratory team is seeking an experienced technician with strong skills within HPLC/UPLC, mass spectrometry, preparation of formulations and physical characterization methods. The Pharmaceutical Development Laboratory team is responsible for HPLC/UPLC method development and pre-validation, execution of stability and formulation studies as well as characterization of drug candidates by various methods (LC-MS, MS-MS, SEC, Thioflavin T assay).
The Pharmaceutical Development Laboratory team is part of Pharmaceutical Development, where dedicated scientist work to find the optimal solutions for our drug candidates.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Maintain and develop a high scientific level as well as a quality focused mindset in the laboratories
- Drive the day-to-day maintenance of a pharmaceutical development laboratory
- Develop and pre-validate HPLC/UPLC methods for candidate stability evaluation
- Elucidate candidate degradation pathways by executing LC-MS and MS-MS analysis
- Setup stability studies to support formulation development
- Run different characterization analyzes to characterize the lead candidates
- Maintain equipment in the laboratory
- 5 Laboratory technician or B.Sc. with 5-10 years’ experience within pharmaceutical development disciplines
- Enjoys organizing and setting up systems and processes which optimize the workflows
- Experienced in LC-MS, MS analysis and maintenance of MS instruments
- Highly experienced with HPLC/UPLC analysis
- Independent and highly motivated
- Good documentation skills
- Good collaborator
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Laboratory technician or similar
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary, and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than 15th of January, 2023.
For further information, please contact Jesper Villadsen at +45 50603691 or email@example.com.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.
- High degree of structural skills and ability to transform them to practical solutions
- Strong communication skills verbally as well as in writing
- Energy and drive for team results
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy to be in a great team and achieve things together