Be the new
PostDoc, Computational Chemistry and Machine Learning
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Our Medicinal Chemistry Department in Copenhagen, Denmark, is seeking a highly talented and motivated post-doctoral computational chemist to join our team of successful peptide drug hunters.
We highly welcome applications from computational chemists with the ambition to support medicinal chemistry programs from hit validation through to candidate selection.
The mission of the Department of Medicinal Chemistry is to deliver high quality, peptide drug candidates within competitive timelines. It is our ambition to significantly evolve the scope and applicability of peptide drugs. We therefore strive for excellence in structural biology, computational chemistry and drug design.
In your new role, you will be a member of interdisciplinary, highly collaborative research teams, working to identify innovative peptide drugs.
Responsibilities includes helping us to:
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Develop QSAR models based on proprietary internal and external data.
- Develop and evaluate peptide molecular descriptors to support model building.
- Develop automated workflows within computational chemistry to allow efficient generation of data.
- Parameterize peptide drugs for use in molecular mechanics calculations.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- PhD. in computational chemistry or similar.
- Strong skills within programming, especially Python scientific programming language and scientific workflow systems.
- Strong skills within machine learning and QSAR modelling.
- General knowledge of computational chemistry and current computational chemistry software suites. Background preferably in medicinal chemistry and/or structural biology.
- Familiarity with KNIME, R, RDkit, CDK and Linux is preferred.
- Team-player attitude, profound communication skills and eagerness to learn and develop further.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English as well as willingness to adopt a basic command of the Danish language
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please apply no later than November 15, 2020.
For further information, please contact Senior Dorector & Head of Medicinal Chemistry Stefan Schunk
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals.Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.