Be the new
Senior Manager, Facilities Operations
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market (V-Go insulin patch), one candidate in registration (Dasiglucagon Hypoglycemic Rescue Pen), six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Zealand is seeking a Senior Manager, Facilities Operations who can lead and develop our facility management, reception, and catering functions to provide outstanding customer service in terms of responsiveness, quality, innovation, and employee happiness. You will be the leader of six employees and have the overall responsibility for the operations at our brand new facility at Sydmarken in Søborg which hosts approximately 200 employees.
With reference to the Director of HR, you will be welcomed as a part of an ambitious and passionate company working seamlessly and effectively in a fast-paced environment providing life changing medicines. You will contribute to maintaining the current high level of engagement while we grow the company in size and complexity.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
The successful candidate will have:
- Lead Facilities Management function, responsible for all of the maintenance, security, improvement initiatives, office space management, energy efficiency, and goods flow for laboratories and office areas
- Lead Reception function, responsible for welcoming guests/inbound callers, travel and hotel bookings, office support, event planning, meeting room management, and courier services
- Lead Catering function, responsible for daily arrangement of the catered cafeteria function and setup for special events, and catering service to external meetings
- Ensure highest levels of customer support to and communication with the organization
- Develop Facilities function through idea generation and implementation of small-through-large initiatives which improve customer service and/or efficiency of operations
- Manage contracts and collaborate with external suppliers to optimize support for Zealand Pharma
- Serve as budget responsible for the functions
- Optimize use of space and resources, develop concepts for unused space in collaboration with team and key employee groups
- Serve as key liaison between facility operations functions and key interface functions (HR, Administration Team, and Management)
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role in Facilities, Reception, HR or similar
- 3+ years of leadership experience with proven skills in motivating, engaging, and developing people
- Strong communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing, in English and Danish
- Proactive leadership with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outgoing personality with passion for providing outstanding customer service to employees
- Strong organizer, effective time management and prioritization skills; ability to handle high complexity tasks
- A good knowledge of standard Microsoft Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams), SharePoint is a plus
- Strong energy and drive with personal ambitions combined with excellent collaboration skills and a strong teamplayer
- Both a strong thinker and doer
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please send your cover letter and CV no later than August 16, 2020.
For further information, please contact Director of HR, Christina Sonnenborg Bredal
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of next generation peptide-based medicines that change the lives of people living with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s robust pipeline of investigational medicines includes three candidates in late stage development, and one candidate being reviewed for regulatory approval in the United States. Zealand markets V-Go®, an all-in-one basal-bolus insulin delivery option for people with diabetes. License collaborations with Boehringer Ingelheim and Alexion Pharmaceuticals create opportunity for more patients to potentially benefit from Zealand-invented peptide therapeutics.
Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence throughout the U.S. that includes key locations in New York, Boston, and Marlborough (MA). For more information about Zealand’s business and activities, please visit http://www.zealandpharma.com.