Be the new
Senior Cost Accountant
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
The Senior Cost Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer based in Boston and will be responsible for cost accounting and supply chain finance for Zealand’s commercial product lines. The position will play a key role in supporting the product line standard cost, inventory and gross margin and will work closely with commercial operations, IT, and the global supply chain functions in Denmark and the United States.
The position includes travel between Denmark and US offices on an as needed basis but less than 5%.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Be responsible for inventory and standard cost related to existing commercial programs including input for budget and forecast process
- Calculate standard cost for late stage clinical programs prior to commercial launch including any input to budget and forecast process
- Conduct inventory account reconciliations and corresponding variance analysis
- Perform month-end financial closing, balance sheet reconciliations and management reporting relating to cost of goods sold and inventory valuation
- Prepare internal controls and process documentation to ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Coordinate and oversee physical inventory cycle counts throughout the year
- Support Danish finance team with quarterly and annual financial reporting and disclosures related to inventory and cost of goods sold
- Support for quarterly reviews and annual audit as conducted by our independent auditors.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required. CPA, or other financial certifications are preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant Biotech/pharma experience and required experience with major ERP financial systems
- Experience in enterprise resource planning management, document management and financial planning systems.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please apply no later than February 12, 2021.
For further information, please contact Chief Financial Officer, Matthew Dallas
at +45 5060 3888 or MDallas@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals.Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.