Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
As Legal Counsel at Zealand Pharma A/S you will handle a wide variety of legal matters and will provide sound legal advice to the entire organization. As Legal Counsel you will balance legal risks against business interests, and you must be able to interact with employees at all levels and within all functions from Research to Development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the preparation, review, negotiation, drafting and approval of various types of agreements, including confidentiality agreements, service agreement, R&D agreements, supply agreements, consultancy agreements etc.
- General legal counselling regarding development of new products.
- Compliance, interpretation of and instruction in relevant legislation, within life-science, GDPR, HCP engagements etc. and follow-up on new legislation.
As Legal Counsel you will report to Head of Legal Hans-Christian Lund and will be part of a dedicated and highly experienced team.
The optimal candidate will have the following personal qualifications:
- Robust and co-operative approach
- Team player with a respectful approach
- Proactively take action and contribute to strengthen the service in Legal Department
- Pragmatic mindset with a strong ability to link legal advice to business.
- Enjoy being in a dynamic organization and a changing environment.
The optimal candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
What we offer
- 2 or more years of relevant legal experience
- Experience with working independently and effectively with cross-functional groups
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills using a business-oriented and value-adding approach
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Danish
- Business acumen
- Excellent people skills
- High level of integrity and flexibility
- Experience within healthcare and/or pharmaceutical or related industry is an advantage
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus and an attractive warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com
Please apply no later than July 31, 2022. We will however review applications on an ongoing basis.
For more information, please contact Hans-Christian Lund, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone + 45 50 60 37 34.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.