Be the new
Experienced Clinical Pharmacologist (metabolic diseases)
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With two products on the market and three candidates in late-stage development, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Do you have a life science background with hands on experience from early drug development and clinical pharmacology within metabolic disease areas? You will lead the early trials in obesity and type 1 diabetes requiring a good understanding of the relevant clinical and regulatory environments. You will be part of the early project core team and contribute to the project strategy, participate in regulatory interactions, and provide scientific input to the early clinical development. You will lead the scientific process and lead and delegate the operational aspects to dedicated and skilled trial manager. Are you able to be creative and find bold solutions while acting as a true team player in the trial team? Then you have the chance to become the clinical pharmacology lead in one or more Zealand projects.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
The Medical & Science department in the Development area consists of 5 medical doctors and currently two clinical pharmacologists with diverse backgrounds. We are looking for a self-driven team-oriented colleague with the capability to lead cross-functional teams towards innovative solutions for delivering the highest standard clinical development for our drug candidates. You will refer to the Head of Medical & Science. As we are building our organization and capabilities there will also be opportunities for contributing to or leading cross-functional development of processes, methods and change management.
The successful candidate will have most or all the below qualifications:
- Progress assigned project as a member of the project leadership team, and lead the project's clinical pharmacology activities
- Create and guide early clinical development plans for selected projects, in close collaboration with project teams in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulatory plans/regulatory advice to ultimately support marketing authorizations
- Create clinical trial synopses ensuring the adequate design excellence in accordance with strategy and the needs of early and late-stage drug development projects
- Oversee the creation of protocols through collaboration with CROs, the project team and its stakeholders
- Manage trials and CROs in collaboration with the trial manager in the team
- Support and contribute to the reporting of trial results as part of the key result team and report team
- Drive execution of the strategy and other project related tasks on-time and with the highest quality
- Acting as Zealand’s clinical pharmacology expert for selected clinical projects and trials
- Writing essential part of the documentation required to support conduct of the clinical program
- Writing and strategically driving the documentation required to respond to regulatory agencies in relation to trials and for product approvals
- Support the translational process from research to development for new drug candidates, including biomarker strategy and indication finding.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- Life science degree
- Track record of leading Clinical Pharmacology trials in relevant therapeutic area for a minimum of 3 years
- Scientific experience within relevant areas, PhD or equivalent is ideal
- Experience with drug development or clinical research is a must
- Proven ability to drive and lead scientific project sub-teams towards results in complex scientific field or pharmaceutical organization
- Proven pharma experience with preparing clinical pharmacology plans and trials
- Experience with regulatory affairs and regulatory agency interaction is preferred, including contributions to the regulatory strategy and contributions to external documents is preferred
- You must be able to work independently and actively contribute as a highly collaborative team player
- You must have a skill for project management assume oversight and be able to get people on board in your team and to delegate tasks as relevant.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply as soon as possible - interviews will be ongoing in the period - and no later than November 30, 2021.
For further information, please contact Head of Medical & Science, Senior Director Thue Johansen
at +45 5060 3889 or TJO@zealandpharma.com
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.