Be the new
Head of Organizational Development
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market (V-Go insulin patch), one candidate in registration (Dasiglucagon Hypoglycemic Rescue Pen) and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Zealand is seeking a Head of Organizational Development who can contribute to maintain and further develop organizational effectiveness and employee engagement. With reference to the Director of HR, you will be welcomed as part of an ambitious and passionate company working seamlessly and effectively in a fast-paced environment providing life changing medicines. You will contribute to maintaining the current high level of engagement while we grow the company in size and complexity.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
- Serve as HR Business Partner for Corporate Management team members
- Support senior leaders, department heads, and people managers to identify and implement the organizational development activities
- Scope and lead a portfolio of HR initiatives aligned with the corporate strategy to strengthen talent attraction, engagement, organizational effectiveness, talent management, culture
- Manage annual employment survey, including synthesis of output, and definition of actions
- Drive and upgrade performance management, business goal setting, and individual development plans
- Define and drive agenda to strengthen leadership capabilities in the organization, reinforce Zealand’s unique culture while growing rapidly, and integrate US-Denmark organizations
- Serve as mentor to identified talents
- Prepare and lead organizational reviews
- Strengthen Zealand’s employer brand and talent acquisition, including staffing process, identification of the candidates, interviewing and personality testing
- Drive training agenda for leaders and employees
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
What we offer
- 5+ years of experience as senior Organizational Development expert or related relevant role
- A robust, relevant, and updated theoretical background, e.g., relevant education in organizational development, psychology or similar
- Track record of having personally developed and implemented a broad range of Org Development activities
- Drive and personal ambitions, combined with the ability and willingness to prioritize and contribute to the success of colleagues
- Strong analytical skillset and ability to use data to support HR agenda (basic Excel skills required, advanced preferred)
- Motivation to learn key elements of the value chain in an international biotech company
- Both a strong thinker and doer
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Experience from working in an international company, cross-cultural understanding (especially Denmark and US)
Zealand’s employees are one of the company’s most important assets. We strive to attract, develop and retain the best talents, and to be a company where every employee can thrive.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined salary package including pension scheme and health insurance, as well as the option of joining the company lunch program, and use of massage, fitness and social facilities.
To find out more about working at Zealand, visit our careers site and view our company video at:
Please send your cover letter and CV no later than August 6, 2020.
For further information, please contact Director of HR, Christina Sonnenborg Bredal at +45 5060 3676 or Cbredal@zealandpharma.com.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of next generation peptide-based medicines that change the lives of people living with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s robust pipeline of investigational medicines includes three candidates in late stage development, and one candidate being reviewed for regulatory approval in the United States. Zealand markets V-Go®, an all-in-one basal-bolus insulin delivery option for people with diabetes. License collaborations with Boehringer Ingelheim and Alexion Pharmaceuticals create opportunity for more patients to potentially benefit from Zealand-invented peptide therapeutics. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence throughout the U.S. that includes key locations in New York, Boston, and Marlborough (MA). For more information about Zealand’s business and activities, please visit http://www.zealandpharma.com.