Be the new
Research Scientist in Molecular biology
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With two products on the market and three candidates in late-stage development, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
We are looking for a Research Scientist in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology for a 2-year temporary position. The department is responsible for generating in vitro and biomarker data for our research and development projects. We use a range of molecular biology methodologies to support the identification of potential drug candidates and employ a range of biochemical and cellular assays to optimize and guide the development of our molecules towards the clinic. The department consists of 7 scientists and 6 technicians. In the position your main responsibility will be to support our early peptide discovery platform by employing state-of-the-art molecular biology and protein expression techniques as well as setting up assays and screens. You are expected to spend a significant part of your time in the laboratory.
As a Research Scientist with a focus on molecular biology your responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will have most or all the below qualifications:
- Design and generation of DNA constructs and libraries for assays, target expression and screening
- Expression, purification, and quality control of target proteins to be applied in peptide display, biophysical assays, and 3D structure determination
- Setup new protocols and methods in the lab, independently and with other members of the department
- Test new peptide drug candidates in in-house assays or at CROs and interpret data
- Work with the department scientists and technicians to deliver data to our research and development projects
- Create, support, and evaluate new project ideas and support cross-departmental project teams.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
- A PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, or a related field or a Master with 3+ years of similar experience
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology, phage display, expression, and purification of protein from mammalian/insect cells and 3D structure determination
- Interest in and flair for hands-on laboratory work
- An interest in learning new methods and biology
- Positive attitude, drive, and the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Research experience with drug discovery in pharma/biotech is desirable but not a requirement.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension and bonus. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than October 22, 2021.
For further information, please contact Jacob Fog, Head of Molecular Pharmacology, at JFog@zealandpharma.com, or Jesper Mosolff Mathiesen, Senior Principal Scientist, at Jmm@zealandpharma.com.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.